Acceptable File Formats for Artwork to be
Created for CD-R, CD-ROM or Diskette Labels:
- Photoshop 7.0 or earlier version- .psd (Prefer with layers rather then flattened)
- Adobe Pagemaker 6.0 and Higher - .pm6 or .p65
- Macromedia Freehand - .fh3 thru .fh10
- QuarkXpress 3.3 or 4.0 version
- Illustrator 10 or earlier version
- .eps-If you do not supply fonts to us, please convert fonts to paths or outlines
if done in Illustrator or Freehand.
- .fh3 thru .fh10
- .pm6 or .p65
- Please include all supporting graphics (logos, etc.) in any of the above file
- Supplied graphics should be 300 dpi.
- Supplied logos should be at least 4 inches by 4 inches.
- Fonts should be specified and/or supplied for the particular file to be created
- Pantone colors should be specified for the particular file to be created if
- A printed hard copy of the disc or label itself denoting placement and the
correct wording should be supplied.
- Minimum font size of 6 pts. is recommended on artwork.
- Do not leave template rules on the same layer as the printed area or they
will be printed on your disc.
- Use the supplied templates for placement but do not knock out the outer
and inner circle in CD-R's or CD-Roms. We will do that here.
Sending Your Artwork To Us
- You can send your artwork by mail on disk. We accept zip and jaz disks.
- You can also email your artwork to:
When sending artwork by email, please specify your company and salesperson in the body of
the email. If you are sending multiple files, please zip them up before sending.
The templates below are in .eps format. They can be opened in
Photoshop, Illustrator or Freehand. They can also be placed in Quark or Pagemaker. Use
the supplied templates for placement but do not knock out the inner circle in CD-Rs or
CD-Roms. We will do that here.
Please ask your salesperson about the specific template you should
use from within the packet.
Specs for CD-Roms
Maximum printed area without solid background is 47mm DIA to
116mm DIA. (Prints from the outer edge of the mirror band to slightly inside the outer
edge of the disc.)
Maximum printed area with solid background is 35mm DIA to 116mm
DIA. (Prints from the outside of the knock out ring to slightly inside the outer edge of
Maximum printed area with solid background and knock out ring or
groove is 17mm DIA to 116mm DIA. (Prints from slightly outside the center hole edge of the
disc to slightly inside the outer edge of the disc.)
Note: Knock out ring or groove is required between 32mm DIA to 35
mm DIA. (You cannot print in this area.)
Film Specs for CD-Roms
Spot Color (Pantone)
- Film Positive, Right Read, Emulsion Up, 85 Line Screen for single color
- Allow .5 point trapping.
- Be sure PMS colors are indicated on film and color proof is provided.
- Do not place solids and halftones on the same film.
Process Color (CMYK) Full Color
- Film Positive, Right Read, Emulsion Up, 100 Line Screen.
- Use the following screen angles: Cyan = 22º, Magenta = 82º, Yellow = 7º, Black = 52º
- 20-80% Dot Range.
- Elliptical Dot Shape with hard edge.
- A white background is recommended to strengthen the appearance of colors;
additional film is required for white printing.
- Color proof to be provided.
If you have questions about any of the above, please call our
Graphics Department at 402-895-7286 ext. 423.